Friday 22 April 2011

Biscotti

A few weeks ago I learned how to make biscotti. The dough must be left overnight then only be baked. I was very eager to learn at first (indeed) UNTIL I I found out how much suffering I have to go through. The dough was sticky like hell and it did NOT look appetizing when it is still in dough form. Especially since it is coffee biscotti and the color looks somewhat…. (u know what).
I measured out the dough and one loaf (some sort) must be 800 grams. Then it is baked until cook. When it cools down it is when I’m dead. I had to cut the biscotti. It’s long, it’s hard and I have to cut it like really really really thin! About 1-2mm width. Yeahhhh… Imagine that…

This is how I should cut it. (see how thin it is? Then chef still said that is quite thick! -.-)




This is what the biscotti looks like after being baked and NOT YET CUTTED.
And I have seven of it! (DAMN IT)





This is what I have accomplished….. yay me! ==”




Anyway while I was cutting that my hand hurts like crazy. I barely can feel my hand. I kinda sprained it you know. You know the feeling when you are carrying something heavy and your hand just stay in the same position for quite some time? That little hurting feeling when you try to move your hand afterwards. Yeah well that’s how I feel but this is kinda worse.
So yeahhh…. I swear if I have anything to do with the making process of biscotti again, I’ll scream and run like a little girl! Oh wait! I forgot, I AM A LILL GIRL. LOL!
End of post. See you in the next one! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment