Monday 11 April 2011

FIRST DAY!!!

So a few days back (5 April 2011) was my first day at work at Le Meridien. Yeahhh… I was quite nervous at first but at the same time kinda excited! YAY!!!! So anyway back to the story. We were supposed to be there by 9am. I was there by 8.30 (don wanna b late on 1st day of work!).

Basically they briefed us about the place and how things are gonna work for the next three months then we received our name tags, lockers and we were off for uniforms. There were like hundreds of ‘em. I got assigned in pastry kitchen first. Yay me! After everyone got their uniforms, we were sent off to work IMMEDIATELY. Most of my friends have like a whole day of briefing and orientation at LEAST. Me and my fellas only 2 hours or so. But oh what the heck.

The chef briefed me and Lydia (a trainee from other college who will b in pastry for SIX MONTHS!) showed us the dry store and all the different chillers. Let’s see, there’s the walk-in chiller, walk-in freezer, ice cream box, standing haagen dagz chiller, cocoa room, a-la-carte chiller, four door chiller and a few more. All that in pastry alone. I’m amazed. Ahahaha~ But I gotta tell you. I was kinda lost yesterday. Quite blur really, new place, need to adapt to my surrounding (camouflage).

What I did was really simple. At first I was only asked to put cookies inside the container which is kinda boring. When im done with that, I was asked to pipe cupcakes. All two hundred and sixteen (216) of ‘em. But the chef said I was kinda slow. I can’t help it! It was such a huge piping bag and a huge hotel! I didn’t wanna do something bad by making it all messy and uneven. So I piped it nice and steady. But since he complained, I needa pace my speed and so I did.

At first it took me an hour to pipe 72 cupcakes. I speed up to only half an hour < -------- proud (lol)
By the end of the day, I was parched completely. I was like REALLY REALLY exhausted and my feet hurts like hell. But I think it is because I haven’t had my kitchen class for a very very long time. Almost a month ago I guess?? So yeah, that’s most probably the reason why. Anywayyy…. You guys are bored already aren’t u? So I guess I’ll stop for now! Be back for more stories of me and my training okay! See ya next time! Ciao for now! XDXD

No comments:

Post a Comment